Friday, February 25, 2011

Day Two

So today was the second day of my second job. It is just training, however it has completely exceeded my expectations. I am already absolutely in love with the company. If you missed the memo, I am working at the Westin Resort in Downtown Phoenix. I was expecting to be in a huge conference room where it would be silent, awkward and incredibly boring. That is exactly what I didn't get. There has been Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, and a variety of fun music with disco lights and so much talking and interaction. Not to mention, I've been fed delicious meals, breakfast and lunch, both days. Including Mahi-Mahi, Philly Cheese steaks, veggie wraps, Crème brûlée, cannolis, macaroons, I feel like I'm livin' large! I honestly can't believe I'm getting paid for this! I have never met so many executives that have been so inviting and willing to meet the employees. Well, I could honestly ramble for pages about how amazing this job is and how super excited I am to be working here, but I will save it for my family who is obligated to listen to me!

I have been wearing business clothes for the past two days, but here are a couple of shots from the other day. Excuse the somewhat odd angles, but it's the best way I found to get pictures of what I was wearing! :]



leather jacket: $16 (Buffalo Exchange)
grey zip up: $4 (thrifted)
plaid shirt: ? (I've had this forever, but I did just cot off the ties on the sides because they were awkward and too high, and wa-la! I had myself a headband!)
jeans: $30 (AE)
motorcycle boots: $21 (Ross, these are one of my fave shoes.. I wear them allll the time!)

Changed into my sweats and ready for movie night with some friends! The Fourth Kind... I hope so! I've been dying to see it! Hope you have an amazing weekend, and remember to be happy and smile, life's too short not to!
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Your job sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) That sounds exciting, are you going to be in London? Which year of school are you in?

    ReplyDelete