Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dinner Time

So I had my friend come over last night for dinner because we were both tired of trying to cook a meal for only one person. I have been wanting to make stuffed bell peppers, and she said she already had some of the ingredients. So she brought some things over and we whipped up a storm. I have never seen so many utensils used in a meal for two, but it was worth it. We roughly followed this recipe and tweaked it a bit to fit what we had. I discovered the greatness of Minute rice last night, I seriously need to get me some. We nuked some rice, boiled the bell peppers, and cooked the ground beef and veggies. We used chopped bell peppers, chives, yellow onions, mushrooms and corn, but you can really use whatever you have around. After the meat and veggies were cooked and the tomato sauce was added, we stuffed the bell peppers with the rice, meat and veggies mixture then baked for about 15 minutes. About half way through we placed a slice of cheese on top to let and let that melt into the pepper. It came out tasting soooo good! I was so stuffed, but it was totally worth it. I hope to be having more dinner dates with her and can really start experimenting with more recipes.


We also made arroz con leche, or rice with milk, for dessert with the fantastic Minute rice. Just cook the rice, add some cinnamon and sugar and top it off with milk! My dad always had this when we got Chinese take-out and had extra rice, and I haven't had it in forever. It's so yummy!

Hope you can try making one of these yourself, and let me know how it goes! Now I'm off to work, I'm starting my second job tomorrow! I'm excited/nervous, I hope it goes well! I also have a meeting tomorrow night about my study abroad program, I can't wait to see everyone else that is going and get all the details. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. your meals always look awesome!!!

    xoxo
    ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I made stuffed bell pepper last week, but it definitely look that awesome. Tasted awesome, but looked iffy, haha. yum.

    ReplyDelete