Wednesday, January 5, 2011

See Ya Later

So my apartment is once again empty, just me and a room full of balloons and confetti. My Penn State friends have all left and now here I sit looking over the dozens of pictures we took over the week they were here. From one of the most amazing New Years ever, to exploring the Arizonan desert with some east coasters, to singing, dancing and laughing hysterically, the time they spent here was absolutely great.
Two out of three of them are in a sorority, and I'm always jealous when their 'big sister' decorates their room with streamers, candy and little gifts. I've told them countless time I want to join a sorority for the sole purpose of getting my room decorated all cool. Well, I guess they got the memo and while I was at work all day New Years day they spent the majority of the day doing this:



As for New Years, we didn't go to the huge Tempe Block party, or go to a huge party and pick up guys. We went to a family friend's house where my whole family was. We went over there and lit sparklers, played the Wii, danced, popped streamers and did a toast at midnight. It was everything I would have hoped for and more. All of my favorite people in one place, I couldn't have been happier. It was a great way to start off the new year and decade! I got to wear my awesome new heels and even though my gold nail polish didn't quite go, after about 15 outfit changes, I still rocked it.



We spent another day out in the desert, shooting cans , eating lunch, standing around a fire, and taking pictures, lots of pictures. It was weird having them be so excited to see a cactus and some of the simplest things that I don't even give a second glance. It really made me appreciate where I live, and all the beautiful things I'm surrounded by everyday.



We spent the rest of our time eating Mexican food, shopping[maybe a little too much], swimming, and just hanging out. I can't get sad that they're gone, although I am definitely going to miss them, I am just so incredibly happy to have friends like them. Even if I do only get to see them a few times a year. It's not good bye, it's see ya later.
It was a great way to begin the decade. The start of a new age.
Hope everyone is enjoying the New Year!
Alex

PS: I need a good resolution for the new year! What's yours?

1 comment: