Monday, January 24, 2011

Chow Down

So I've had the ingredients to make puppy chow since my Penn State friends were around. I was planning on making it with them because it had kind of become an inside joke, which basically dealt with trying to make it in a dorm with a tiny microwave, and eating it stale months later. Anyways, we didn't get around to it so I decided I'd whip it up last night. If you've never had puppy chow, you're missing out! It's pretty simple to make, is very delicious, and makes large portions so it's easy to share/ bring to a gathering! Now, after saying that it is pretty easy, I'm going to say that I kind of messed it up. I think I didn't put enough butter in it/didn't let it melt long enough to the chocolate was a little chunky. Nonetheless, it is simply delicious and I cannot stop eating it! Here is the recipe so you can try it yourself and maybe make it better than I did!




Ingredients
9 cups Chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Measure cereal and set aside
2. Melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in the microwave. Stir, then microwave about 30 seconds longer, or until it can be stirred smoothly. 3. Add vanilla, then pour over Chex cereal. Mix together so that the cereal is coated in the chocolate mixture.
4. Put in a large resealable storage bag, add powdered sugar and shake (the fun part!) until the cereal is coated

I cut this recipe in half, because I didn't need quite that much for just me, but feel free to adjust it however you'd like! You can portion the finished product into smaller resealable bags and bring them to class or work with you for a little yummy snack! Or leave them in a bowl on the counter so you can snack on them as you please, which is what I've been doing... warning, they disappear faster this way!

Well I should get back to reading and homework now, just thought I'd share a quick, fun recipe! Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good Monday!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment