Monday, January 31, 2011

A Meal & Some Merriment

Man, oh man. I have completely but this blog somewhere on the back burner this past week. I'm still getting situated with this semester, getting the hang of classes and my schedule. I had a frisbee tournament this weekend, New Years Fest in Tempe. I had a great time, even though the ending scores weren't the best or any where close I still had a great time, I even scored a point! I am so beat up, scraped, bruised and very sore, but it was worth it.
So life has been amazing lately and I have been taking a lot of time to just think about how lucky I am and how great it is to be surrounded by amazing family and fantastic life. My plate is overflowing with school, work and involvements but I like it that way. I just found out that I'll be interning with one of the largest clubs on campus, and I'm super excited!




So if you want to hear about something other than my life here's a little something I cooked the other day. I cut up some chicken breasts and used this Orange Sauce Panda Express sells now, yum! While I cooked up the chicken, (which is very scary because the outside looks done and the inside is still raw, I had to pay close attention to it!) I cut up zucchini and grilled that in another pan. I love zucchini, and it is so simple, just chop it up,sprinkle some salt and pepper and cook! To cook the sweet potato, I used the bag that you see in the picture that the potato is resting on. My grandma gave me it, and it is amazing! You can use any kind of potato, wrap it in a paper towel, stick it in the padded bag in the microwave for a few minutes, and there you go- a baked potato. It's genius! Anyways, pretty simple meal that tasted delicious and felt like it was a fairly square meal with protein, veggies and all!




Hope you all are keeping up with school and/or work and enjoying every second of life!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. this looks so yummy
    and i want that magic bag!
    i just pop ours on a plate and poke holes in them. haha.

    ReplyDelete