Monday, July 9, 2012

Yummy, walnut banana bread!

Even when it's unbearably hot outside, there's not much better than a warm treat and some cold milk or iced coffee. So when the group of bananas turned far too brown to eat continued to sit on the counter, I took it as a signal I needed to bake some Banana bread!
Here's the recipe I used, taken right out of my grandma's recipe box!


1/2 cube of butter
1/2 cube or 1 T of margarine
1 C sugar
2 eggs well beaten
4 T buttermilk (I just used regular milk!)
3-4 verrryyyy ripe bananas
2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t soda
1 t vanilla
1/4 C nuts (I added more, the more nuts the merrier!)



Cream butters and sugar, add eggs and mix thoroughly. Add alternately bananas and dry ingredients . Finally add vanilla and nuts! I put this into two separate loaf pans and made two, or you could make one large one- it's up to you! I brought one to work so I couldn't eat the whole thing myself- because I definitely would have! I sprinkled some nuts on top, and would suggest a little cinnamon for something a little extra.

Let me know if you try this! And sit back and indulge in some delicious banana bread!
Happy Monday!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment