Thursday, July 19, 2012

July Fireworks

So I told you I'd share pictures of my Fourth of July, which was really actually the 3rd of July because I had to work on the 4th! I went to the Miranda Lambert & Darius Rucker Independence Day Music Festival at Salt River Fields. I met up with three other girls from work and we grilled and ate and drank at my friends gorgeous house (more like a mansion, it was sooo huge!). From there our responsible, under 21, friend drove us to the show. We had so much fun running around, taking pictures and talking to people. I'm glad we had grass seats because I don't think we could have sat still in regular seats! I managed to take over 100 pictures in less than a few hours, and they all just make me laugh. So here are some snapshots of some of the pictures I took and the fun that was had!

Driving there!

Loving our lawn seats!

These girls adopted us and were suddenly our best friends!


Love her! 
I kissed Tim McGraw! (Shh.. it was his look-a-like with Kenny Chesney!)
The more the merrier!

Amurica loves country!
The nicest guy took some awesome pictures for us with the fireworks!
 I had an amazing time with these girls, and Miranda was sooo good!  Sang along all night, and secretly hoped Blake Shelton would come out and sing with her... but it didn't happen! Glad I got to celebrate the country's freedom being young, wild & free.. cheesy, but oh well! :]

Hope your July's are going great, cannot believe it is more than half way over- how terrible! I am secretly excited to get back in the swing of things with school and my other jobs, though too!

Alex


PS: Here's the view I had on the actual holiday- working in Tempe Beach Park has it's perks.



The best view in the city, on the dock in the lake!



The lovely ladies I get to work with! Ah, I don't know what I'd do without them.. I'm so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I am so jealous of your concert experience! Sounds like the perfect mid-summer experience. :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely was! Outdoor concerts are always a great way yo make Summer feel more like Summer! haha

    ReplyDelete