Saturday, July 21, 2012

Do Something Phoenix

I love going to new places, and finding quirky places, good restaurants and hidden thrift store gems. So my good friend from LA was here last weekend and I had so much fun really exploring Phoenix more and going places. I get so caught up in my daily routine, work-home-work-meetings, I never go anywhere new I feel like! I drive so much, to the other side of town and back, for work when I'm not living in Tempe in the summer so I hate driving when I don't have to. But this special occasion with my friend, originally one of my besties from Penn State, but is spending the summer in LA so she took a trip out here!

We drove around, went out in Tempe and explored her favorites of AZ- Goodwill, Mill Ave, Einstein's, and more. One of my favorites, which I hope you try (or have already tried) is MacAlpines!



I may have blogged about it before, but you have to go check it out! It's always a special treat when I go here because I don't go very often. They have 99 flavors- for sodas, egg cremes, phosphates, italian sodas, floats, shakes, malts and more! I love getting the phosphates or egg cremes, because the refills are FREE (woo!) and you can get a new flavor each refill. Bad news is I usually get full after like one and a half, but it's fun to always get a new flavor! I have tried Tiger's Blood, Passionfruit, Pistachio, and White Chocolate Macadamia! My friend got a Red Velvet Shake, and it was amazing!!! 


I have so many more flavors I want to try there, like Cinnamon, Dill Pickle (yeah, so cool!) and Wedding Cake! I have yet to try there food, but I have heard it is delicious! There is also a cool vintage shop inside too, so you can look around at all the awesome finds in there too! Next time you're in Phoenix, check this place out- 7th St and North of McDowell!

What is your favorite place to take friends that come into town?


Alex

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic day with your friend! I've never been to Phoenix, but if I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to check out MacAlpine's! You can't beat 99 flavors. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a place you need to check out if you're ever here! 99 flavors, even better than 31 flavors! :]

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete