Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week One.

So my first week in London is coming to an end, one side of me feels like it flew by, then I realize how much I have done and it seems like I have had so much time and seen so much already! I am still trying to adjust all that is London. Part of me is still grasping that I am in a different country, I kind of just think that a bunch of people around me randomly have British accents... despite that there is beautiful architecture and I can legally go into pubs and out to the clubs. I went to Leicester Square, pretty much the nightlife central of London, and went out to a club called the Oxygen Bar or O2 on Friday night. I had so much fun, and can't wait to go out again. There's so much dancing, and so many well dressed guys, what more could you ask for?! I'm loving it. Went on the London Bus tour yesterday in the perfect weather, and then did the river cruise on the Thames today. Having fun and I have made some great friends already!

On the Thames River Cruise in front of Tower Bridge


On the Double Decker Bus Tour


The Olympic Clock, counts down the time until the 2012 Olympics here in London


I am a little worn out of walking and touring and sight seeing, it can be pretty exhausting after like 7 days straight of it. Everything looks amazing, but I'm sick of the hustle and bustle and glad I have some time now to read and get some homework done. I have been trying to squeeze everything in, but I still have two more weeks here and I feel like I've see the majority of London.. well the main attractions at least.
So here is my dilemma. Since I started planning this trip, I knew I wanted to travel into Europe and visit another country other than the three(England, Ireland & Scotland) that I am already staying in. But now that I am here, and due to the fact I didn't know my schedule beforehand and couldn't solidify any plans previously, all the tickets are pretty outrageous. Part of me says it's worth it, GO! Who knows when I'll get another chance like this in my life, I want to see as much as I can! Then I think, and know that if I truly want to go back, I will make it happen. My twin sister and I are already planning to go backpacking through Europe when we graduate, so it can happen then. My other side is saying I should just enjoy the places I'm staying, I'm already going to three different countries, just get used to those places and explore all of little things each places has to offer. Go out to local pubs, have picnics in the parks, drink afternoon tea and just relax... if I can figure out how to do that, that would be nice on it's own. Spend my money on great food and shop for stuff I've been saving up for, instead of spending it all on a weekend trip, but that weekend trip could be my only time to see, say, the Eiffel Tower. See my problemo?
What do you think I should do? I'd love to hear your opinion. Let me know, Facebook me, email me, I just want some advice outside of my contradictory thinking!

Have a great Sunday, and I'm glad we all made it to May 22nd!
Alex

2 comments:

  1. that is a hard decision to make. ill think you'll figure it out while you are there and either way...i think whatever you choose you will have a blast and make great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex i'm jealous! i've been to england multiple times, because my moms entire family still lives there, and i have YET to go to london! it makes me so extremely jealous!

    ReplyDelete