Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finding Food

I am not a picky eater, and I'm usually happy with most anything that is put on my plate. Here in England, though, it has been so hard to find good food! I miss home cooked meals, my porridge and pb&js aren't cutting it.. I have no ingredients in my kitchen for a real meal! I did have vegetarian fish and chips (pretty much battered and fried cheese with fries) yesterday which were quite delicious, but so greasy! It's kind of sad when McDonalds is the most flavorful thing to eat! I have done some grocery shopping while I've been here, to try and save money, and to get things you can't get in stores in America.
Check out my findings:




CRUMPETS! So awesome just to say, and they're delicious! I had porridge for lunch today, and as you can see I found some makeshift chips and salsa to get.. even though they're not the best, they'll do!

I'm off to go find Mexican food, yeah in England, we'll see how it works out!
Have a great day!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. CRUMPETS!!!! BAHAHA so awesome! Sanford says to get Scrumpets they are the sweet version! Who knows! Just so you can say it really! Oh my gosh I am just so excited every day for you! My heart is singing! xo

    ReplyDelete