Thursday, May 19, 2011

London Life

I made it to the UK, after a 10 hour flight, an 8 hour time change and 30 new people I'll be living with for the next 6 weeks. I can't believe I am actually here! I have spent the past few days roaming around and walking to all of the amazing sites London has to offer! After class yesterday we went to the British museum, saw Big Ben and the House of Parliament (my faves so far), and the London Eye. Seeing Big Ben at night was beautiful, that was when it finally hit me I'm really here! We went on the London Eye today, and got an awesome view of the city. I wish I could go on it at night, but since it is pretty pricey I think one 'flight' will suffice. There are so many shops everywhere and I haven't had much time to do any shopping, which is probably best for my bank account, but I think I'm making my way to Harrod's(supposedly one of the greatest department stores in the World, and has a tribute to Princess Di!) and one of the largest shopping districts in London tomorrow. So excited!

Big Ben

The London Eye

St. Paul's Cathedral

In front of the British Museum

I have class on Mondays and Wednesdays and tours most Tuesdays, so I get four day weekends every weekend! Next weekend it will be a five day weekend, in honor of my birthday, or maybe because it's a national holiday. Either way me and some friends will be traveling somewhere in Europe! We have yet to decide, but I will be thrilled to go anywhere!

Getting ready to go out to a pub here and listen to all of the amazing British accents, I love it!
Cheers, mate
Alex

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the UK!! I love how you're already chilling at the pub... so british!! Hope you're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that you can go to a pub there! haha COOL!! ALEXXX! I am so excited for you! Beautiful pics! So jazzed to read about your adventures here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a hundred shades of green right now. This is SO AWESOME!! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete