Friday, April 1, 2011

April Rules!

I cannot believe it is April already! Where is the Spring going?! Anyways, I've been delaying a new post to get pictures from the fantastic AZ Blogger Meet up, but I haven't gotten around to getting them from my sister. Since my silly self forgot my camera! But, I could not resist a new post on this toasty Friday night. April has a lot in store, and I am both nervous and excited for all of them. There are several interviews I will be going to for an internship and positions in organizations. Then there are elections for the event programmer position I am applying for. After this it will be determined if I'll be living on campus, or somewhere else, which would be nice to start figuring out! There is Relay for Life, Regionals and Sectionals for my frisbee team, and lots and lots of work. I went to my Study Abroad meeting yesterday and it got me so so sooo excited to go to the UK. I cannot wait! There is so much to learn and see and I am stoked to be able to open my mind to a whole new culture - three for that matter. I am stressing about the loans and financial aid I may or may not be getting, but I will work my hardest to make it happen.

Today I worked and then went hiking with my great friend Dubs :] So we went to hike Camelback mountain, and we thought we did once we got to the top, until I heard a couple pointing out Camelback mountain (and it wasn't the one we were on) so I had to ask the odd question, What mountain am I on? They told me that we were on Squaw Peak. So we hiked the completely wrong mountain, but no doubt it was pretty hard work and super hot (98 degrees!) and a lot of fun! :] We're hoping to make this hiking thing somewhat routine, and hopefully next time we'll hike the real Camelback!

Anyways, another highlight of my day was that I got my CAMERA!! Okay do I didn't get it, get it. But I have to package slip in my hands.. now I just have to wait until Monday because I work all day tomorrow and they're closed on Sunday. But as of Monday I will have my beautiful Canon G12! CAN'T WAIT! Expect a lot more awesome pictures and fun things because I am super excited to take pictures with my new camera! Look forward to it! :]

Thanks for putting up with my rambling post and week absence from the blogosphere! And a special welcome to all my new followers from the Blogger Meet Up! I met some awesome girls and can't wait to continue following all of their amazing blogs!

Happy Friday & weekend!
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Your plans sound so fun! One of my best friends goes to Pepperdine and she is traveling to UK next semester too! I hope you have a fabulous weekend♥

    xoxo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my..you have A LOT going on. but it all sounds so exciting! i am jealous of your UK trip! good luck with all of your interviews.
    i am new to your blog and love love it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete