Friday, April 22, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

Another whirlwind of a week. I was stuck in a rut, just day after day of bad moods and bad days. But happy is a state of mind and I have snapped out of it after a couple of good days, but they were probably only good days because I am consciously making the decision to appreciate the good things. Anyways, sometimes words from complete strangers are the most impactful of all. A guy came in to my restaurant today, to get change for the bus with a friend. All he kept repeating the whole time was always positive, never negative. This just really stuck with me, and although it's really hard to follow the never negative part, why not try?
So here's to making really awesome lemon squares with the lemons life has given me.

Hooray for pictures with my new camera!

As for what I've been doing the past week and a half;
- Got the programmer position, and got placed in Cholla apartments. Hello planning awesome events at my apartment complex, and even more awesome because there's going to be excited freshman living here that will want to come to the things I plan!
- Went to frisbee for the first time in like three weeks because elections are finally over, hence the above position.
- Celebrated my Grandma's birthday at Mary Coyle's ice cream parlor, and spent some time with the family. Which of course included squeezing the whole fam into my brother's suburban and singing Whip My Hair, yes I have the greatest family in history.
- I have no finals, but have an excessive amount of papers and projects all due next week! Here's to dedicating my whole weekend to getting them done before Mexico next weekend!
- Helped out with the end-of-the-year comedy show and met Joel McHale! His set was hilarious and he was super cool.

- Finally had a work social where all the awesome people from my work got together and hung out and chilled by the pool, so much fun to hang out outside of work!
- Just found out TODAY that I was awarded the Study Abroad grant I applied for. Hello free money to pay for my trip! Soooo amazing!

Have a good Friday and happy happy Easter weekend! I know I can't wait for all the chocolate-y goodness the Easter Bunny is bringing me!
Alex

3 comments:

  1. Go you!! Look at how much you accomplished in one week! I am so proud of you!! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember you're going to MEXICO and a study aboard. You can make it through the last week(s)? of school. Goodluck.

    ps. cant wait to read about your study aboard!!!

    xoxo
    www.allymullin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, girl! It seems like you had so much good stuff happen to you this week!! My best friend went to see Joel McHale and said he was hilarious; I'm so jealous you got to meet him!
    p.s. excuse my excessive use of exclamations, I'm exceptionally excited (say that 5 times fast, ha).

    ReplyDelete