Monday, April 11, 2011

Thrift Store Gold

So, I was on rainy day schedule this past Saturday, since I work on Tempe Town Lake and no one wants to rent a boat when it's rainy... I got off work! A Saturday with no work?! I couldn't believe it either. I figured I had to take advantage of it somehow, and to celebrate I went with my co-worker and awesome friend Paige to the most amazing place I've ever been. Okay, maybe not most amazing place ever, but thrift store wise it definitely takes the cake. It may have been that I haven't been shopping in about 4 months, but I think even besides that it was a pretty epic store. It is called Tiedemann's Family Thrift and it is in Tempe. I normally wouldn't disclose the name of such a treasure, but they're closing in two weeks and I want as many people to experience this gem as possible! It's like they took a bunch of the cool stuff from Goodwill and put it all in this store, AND made it cheaper. I got six shirts and two dresses... all for $26! I broke my New Year's Resolution of no shopping until Europe, but I think for that price and the awesome stuff I got it was totally worth it. There are a few things I had my eye on but didn't end up getting. Maybe I'll go with my sister before they close and get the big A & M letters they had, or a cool frame I saw. I hope you make it out there, because it is definitely worth it! Let me know if you go and what you find!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now I'm off to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because I have always wanted to see it and prepare for the crazy week ahead!
Have a great week!
Alex

2 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores!!! Your job sounds so much fun I love Tempe Town lake hopefully I will be transferring to ASU next year<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have always wanted to go thrift shopping!

    you should make a post showing all of us what you got/thrifting tips. that would be awesome! :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete