Friday, April 8, 2011

Tofu Cheesecake, say what?

I know I have been lacking in the posting lately, but just stay with me! I have a crazy month ahead with lots of interviews, elections and applications headed my way! I will keep you posted as my (hopefully) new positions come. So I will save that for another post.

Here is what I made last week that I have been dying to make for quite some time. Tofu Cheesecake! Yes, I know.. about 90% of people see this and are automatically turned off, but give it a chance! I made mine crust less because I didn't have any graham crackers lying around. Here is the recipe I used. I did cut this in half because the limited amount of cream cheese I had, and, well, because I would be the only one eating this and I was trying to not tempt myself too badly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Filling:
1½ pounds silken tofu
12 ounces soy cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all of these ingredients in a mixing bowl until most of the lumps are out, making sure to lick the spoon because I found the batter delicious! :] Then you can pour the batter mixture into a round pan and cook for about 15 minutes. This is very flexible; the recipe said 20-25, but the top of mine was already brown by 15 minutes. Granted it may not be the prettiest thing, and the top was a little crispy, but I really enjoyed the outcome! I feel healthier eating this over regular cheesecake, even though it stills requires hefty amounts of cream cheese and sugar and probably isn't, but oh well! This is a great dessert when you want to try something different and use the spare tofu that's been sitting in your fridge.

I now have my new baby, my Canon G12!! Ahhh, I cannot tell you how excited I am to start taking some great shots with this beauty! I am getting my case in the next week and will be hopefully taking it everywhere and taking some amazing pictures. I cannot wait! Stay tuned!

I'll be in a Stand Up Paddle board race on Saturday at Tempe Town Lake with some of the girls from my work, come check us out! Have a grrrreat weekend!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. yummmm! that looks great! you got your camera?! yayyyy congrats!! i want to hear about your elections!

    ReplyDelete