Sunday, December 26, 2010

Salad Sunday

I hope everyone had a holly jolly Christmas! I definitely did. Anytime I get to spend a whole day with my family is always fun. I'll be putting up a post of some of my awesome presents soon... once I transport them back to my apartment! I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone. I guess I still have New Years to celebrate! My best friends from Penn State are coming in Wednesday night to spend a week in the warm Arizona weather with me, I can't wait!


Well, so this isn't a holiday recipe... but I thought I'd show you one of the things I like to whip up when I'm hungry and don't feel like putting too much effort into dinner. It's just a simple salad, and it's really versatile. I pretty much throw whatever I have on hand in it! I start off by chopping up some romaine lettuce, then cut up some carrots and some sliced cheese. I had a hard boiled egg from when I last made egg salad, so I decided to cut that up for my salad, too. Then I added some raisins and crunched up some pecans to throw in. Toss it into a bowl and add the dressing of your choice (mine is this delicious one from Sprouts), and wallah... a very simple, scrumptious salad!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a Merry Christmas!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex! Thanks for following me! I'm doing a month of fashion and using your own style to create outfits with your closet, starting in January! Hope you'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete