Friday, April 19, 2013

Country Thunder

Country Thunder, aka the time of my life, was this past weekend. I was a little hesitant about spending 4 days camping with the same group of people, surrounded by drinks, junk food, and very few showers. I thought it was going to be a little too much, and I might get burnt out after a couple days. I was wrong, and I definitely had a blast! It was my first time going to a music festival and I can't wait to go to more!

For those that don't know, Country Thunder is a huge country music festival in Florence, AZ - about an hour from where I live, pretty much in the middle of the desert. There are thousands of people that come from all over and camp for 4 days to listen to some of the biggest and best names in country music.



I was under the impression I would have electricity, and a shower, in the RV we rented. I was mistaken, so I literally went 4 whole days of showering with wet ones and water bottles, having a dead phone like 90% of the time I was there, and get this- not checking my email for the whole weekend! That last point is pretty revolutionary for me, because I am normally behind on email if I go a full day without checking it, and man did it feel so good to put my vacation response on my email saying I won't have access to email and I'll respond when I'm back in town on Monday.

Anyways, I had an awesome time with some old friends that it was so, so good to get together with and laugh and joke just like we had before.I also got the chance to make so many more new friends, and spend time with great people that all hadn't showered and loved country music - now that sounds like a recipe for a good friendship. Anddd... I got to two-step with a guy at the Toby Keith show and he spun me and flipped me in the air - so. much. fun. I definitely look forward going to another music festival, I'm thinking Sasquatch 2014?!

Have you ever been to a music festival? What was it like?
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment