Thursday, January 3, 2013

So this is the New Year.

Happy New Year! I thought I'd write my resolutions down here so I'm constantly reminded to live up to them, because if other people know them, I'm more likely to commit.

1. Print a picture a week; either from Instagram or my iPhone, or off my Canon. I think it'll be cool to have 52 pictures at the end of the year to recap 2013.

2. Spend money on experiences, not things. Go out to eat with friends and revel in good company, don't splurge on shopping by myself. This might be especially hard when I have an actual salary, but I want to continue to live by this.

3. Read more books. I'm aiming for at least one new one a month, I know sometimes that's a little difficult, so I'm just striving to read more than I have the past couple years, which honestly wasn't much!

4. Try new things; new restaurants, new hobbies, new sports, new people and friends.

5. Be kind, be happy, worry less and smile more.

My amazing friends and I on NYE.
 Sequin blazer from an estate sale, tank from Forever 21, skirt from Ross, ring from NYC that is sadly lost on Mill Ave somewhere (so so sad about that). 

I hope you all took some time to write down some resolutions, or maybe goals for the upcoming year! This is probably going to be the most life-changing year of my life, and I am totally ready to embrace the fantastic change to come. Graduating college, leaving all of my family and friends, moving to Seattle, starting a wonderful new career. It is all so exciting and crazy I can't believe I only have a few months of class and college left and can't imagine where I will be a year from now. I hope the coming year brings lots of growth, happiness and smiles to you all.

Happy New Year!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment