Saturday, January 5, 2013

Searching for something.

Have you ever just been in a slump? Like you need one extra ingredient to make your life just right? I'm not going to lie, my life is pretty darn fantastic. But with it being the new year and winter break wrapping up quickly to a new semester. I've found my self dying for a new addition to my routine. I was thinking maybe a new job, a new sport, volunteering more, some kind of hobby to keep me engaged. You'd think with 3 jobs I'd have that covered, but my school schedule is looking dainty and I thrive when I'm super busy. I want that feeling back where I don't have time for anything and I'm constantly going from one thing to another with no down time. Is that a bad thing?

One of my good good friends and I at a holiday party a few weeks back. Dress via Goodwill, oh how I love thrift shopping and dressing so outrageously without caring.


Anyways, I'd love ideas from anyone who may have something to offer! A new hobby you've found engaging, a great place to apply, a sport or workout routine or gym to give a shot at... I'm up for anything. As one of my resolutions said, try new things, and I wanna do my best to soak up every last ounce of this final semester of college.

Hope your weekend is great!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly how I am. I am desperate to be busy all the time. One thing I loved was buying a huuuge puzzle and working on it when I was feeling stressed or in a slump. It's a somewhat mindless thing, but not so mindless that it doesn't give you a huge sense of accomplishment when you finish.

    I'm also taking EMT training classes next semester, which I'm super excited for! So maybe sign up for a random creative class (ceramics, painting, singing, etc)!

    ReplyDelete