Monday, March 5, 2012

Mmm Mmm Monday!

So I made these bean burgers a week or so ago, and they are so delicious I had to share!






Here's what I used!
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 can pinto beans, mashed
3 tablespoons chunky salsa
cheese, slice for burger
bread/buns
condiments to taste!

I mashed the beans so they had a lumpy but slightly smooth texture, and added the breadcrumbs to thicken it up. Then mix the onions and peppers into the burger mixture, adding more or less to get your desired consistency. Add chunky salsa to moisten burger mixture and add more flavor. Season to taste with more salt/pepper/etc. Form into patties and put on greased skillet until both sides have been cooked. Top with cheese, add lettuce and condiments to bread or buns, whichever you have handy!


SOOO good! I made about 4 and kept the extra's in the fridge so I had a delicious meal whenever I needed it. Tell me what you think!

Have a lovely week!
Alex

2 comments:

  1. MMMM those look amazing!!! I'm going to have to try them!

    xoxo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for my Lenten diet! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete