Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ride of Your Life

So I spent a fantastic week in Dublin and then had a great (rainy) day exploring the countryside today. The expansive, rolling hills were breathtaking and the landscape was just all around beautiful. The only bummer was is rained ALL day, seriously without stopping. We had to trek around in the damp weather, but the views made it worth it. There was a lot of fog, but when it cleared it was even more amazing. We saw sheep and century old headstones, it was everything I pictured. I could have spent so much more time just wandering around outside had I not been freezing and there not been torrential rain. Anyways, rain and fog got onto my lens and everything I had was wet which made it difficult to clean so my pictures didn't turn out the best which I'm very disappointed about, but I got a few good ones.




As for last night, I met a guy in a band that had just finished playing and they were putting their set away. My friends and I were bummed we missed the live music, but the guy gave me his bands card and told me to look them up. Turns out there kind of a big deal, at least here in Ireland... and I actually really enjoy their music, what I've heard of it so far. So here's one of my favs, hope you like it.



I only have two more days in Dublin; Trinity College and the Guinness Brewery - awesome, leaving - so sad! It was amazing seeing my favorite red head and one of my best friends from Penn State (who happens to be interning here and Dublin and we have four days here together)last night and I'm looking forward to a couple more with her!
Hope everyone is enjoying summertime and is looking forward to a fantastic week ahead!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. I love meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while in a random place! There's something magical about how coincidental it feels. But all your adventures sound magical!

    ReplyDelete