Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Been Real, London

I can't believe I'm packing up to leave London, but that does mean I am packing up to go to Ireland! These three weeks have been a whirlwind, seeming like I've lived here forever and at the same time feeling like I just had my first British meal yesterday. I have met some great friends and seen some amazing places, Big Ben.. and Paris?! Oh yeah, I took my day trip to Paris and it was fantastic! The bus ride overnight there and back were not the best ride ever, but it was definitely memorable. We spent the day in the warm French sun walking all over, eating a baguette with Nutella along the cobble-stoned street, shopping in cute vintage stores and laying out nest to the BEAUTIFUL Eiffel Tower. I probably took like a 100 pictures of it, but they don't even do it justice. It is so much larger and lovelier in person, absolutely breathtaking! After dinner and a crepe for dessert we headed back to the bus station for another ride home. We had to get off the bus in the middle of the night to get on the ferry across the English Channel (we took the Chunnel there) which was like a mini cruise and was super awesome, even at 2am. It was exhausting, but absolutely worth it, so glad I got to go and see the Lourve, visit Notre Dame, eat French fries and France and snap pictures of the amazing Eiffel Tower. It was so much fun speaking the minimal French I know; Oui! Bonjour! And my favorite, Merci! Hahaha.





Then I spent my last weekend in London studying for my test this morning, laaame, and going out to Leicester Square, a street full of nightclubs for my friend's birthday. When deciding where to go, the manager of this cool club grabbed my friend's arm and said come with me, you're getting in free. So instead of waiting in line and paying the cover fee he walked us right in, we felt like VIP. It was a night filled with dancing, laughs and cute British boys! What's better than that!? Yesterday I spent the day in Canterbury and seeing Leeds Castle which was one of my favorite sights so far. It was so nice to walk around in nature, definitely refreshing after three weeks in the city. I took soo many pictures because everything looked so.. picturesque I couldn't help myself! I will be updating my Flickr with all of them soon!


Well I'm off to bed then off to Dublin, goodnight London.
Have a happy new week wherever in the world you are.
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment