Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just abroad.

So I'm done with all my classes! I'm no longer studying abroad, I'm just abroad... and it feels good. It's rainy and 40 degrees and I'm dreaming of 115 degree weather, as sad as that may sound. But I'm gonna enjoy my last few days here, quiz night tonight at a pub with my professors, shopping on Princess St tomorrow, a day trip to Loch Ness Saturday and pizza party and packing on Sunday. Kind of unbelievable, but I also feel like I haven't seen an American dollar and eaten good food in far too long. Anyways, I'm going to take all the pictures my memory card can hold and eat crumpets and potato scones until I burst. That's the plan.

My week in pictures:









In no particular order, consider it a matching game; Edinburgh Castle, the beautiful sunset at like 10:30pm, posing with a man in a kilt, the view of the city, Princess St from above, Black & White mocha while listening to some awesome live music, and Steak & Ale pie.

Just ordered EA Active for my Wii, can't wait to play it and get back in shape and run and swim and bike and tan when I get home! And bake and scrapbook and go to the zoo, and, well.. I'm gonna make another list with my summer plans so I won't say it all now.
This post is for my sister Sam, (1) because she leaves for Ecuador for four weeks today, and (2) because she always complains that my blog posts are too long and wordy... so here you go!
Happy Thursday, it's practically the weekend!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're leaving already! For you it may have been awhile, but for me it seems like you just got here because I just got here! I hope you have a great last weekend. I won't make it up to visit (so disappointed) but you're pictures have definitely inspired me, and I really want to do the hike you did. The view looks amazing! We found (what I think is) a really good Mexican place here in Dublin if that entices you to stay longer :)
    And if Sam thinks you're blogs are wordy she definitely shouldn't read mine! Especially the early ones when I had no pictures to put in.

    ReplyDelete