Saturday, June 11, 2011

P.S. It's Gorgeous

So I made my way to Dublin and I've been here for a few days now. I am staying at UCD, University College Dublin. It is one of the oldest universities in the city, beside Trinity College, which I am going to see on Monday! I am staying in apartments on the gorgeous campus just a short bus ride away from the city. I'm so glad to be on a college campus and out of the hustle and bustle like where I was living in London. For one I am living with my favorite girls from the trip and for two, maids come and clean our kitchen and bathroom and bring us clean towels! Bonus! That sounds kind of bad, but from the dirtiness I was living in in London thanks to a not-so-tidy of a roommate and I so happy to be here. Everything is so green, and have a mentioned the rain?! It is kind of ridiculous! Everyday, and if not ALL day it is bound to happen when you are going somewhere. I am so glad I brought my rain boots!
This is Temple Bar, the hot spot for pubs and clubs(It's filled with tourists though)

The greenery that surrounds the city


My flatmates and I have spent the last couple of days exploring the city, shopping, and making our way from pub to pub at night. A no-show pub crawl turned into getting advice from the Trinity College security guard about where to go, and ended up wandering downtown for a place with young people, a rarity here!
What I wore:

Bow Headband: Dublin (1 Euro!)
Shirt: Texas|Thrift Store
Necklace: Dolly & Boy Jewelry created by this lovely lady, my big sister!
Skirt: London|H&M
Tights: Dublin|New Look
Boots: AZ|Ross


It is so hard, though, to not want to buy everything, I have been to Paris and London, and I've got to say Dublin takes the cake for best shopping.. totally unexpected. But, everything here, well in Europe in general, is pretty much the same price as in America, but in Euros (or Pounds) so it seems like a decent price, and that's what I think of it as, until I get home and write out my budget from the day and I slowly have to come to the realization that it is more (almost TWICE as more in pounds!) BUMMER. But we found a really cute store called Penny's that has tons of cute stuff for cheap prices! Hallelujah! Trying to not blow all my money on shopping, but on the other hand that's what I came to do.. kind of :] I've only bought a few things since being here, but I love what I've gotten so far.



Life is Beautiful shirt, I don't know why, but I just had to get it. So cute, and I mean, come on, Life IS beautiful!
Fringe Vest I also, despite the price (which wasn't bad in euros)had to get. I've been dying for a vest like this, and it'll be perfect for the warm Arizona weather I'm dreaming of. I can't really wear any of my new clothes here because they're all summery, but I'll be stylin' back home!


I am staying in with my friends today, watching P.S. I Love You, because apparently it is a must while being in Ireland (I've never seen it!), and sipping on some hot chocolate. Oh, and maybe squeeze in some homework.. not so fun.
I am dying for good, spicy, salsa with some chips that are not fries and a huge MEXICAN dinner. Oh man... what I wouldn't do for that. Home I am missing your warm weather, Goodwill shopping, delicious food and the people I love the most. But for now I am loving being in me home country ;] and spending time with great friends, seriously these girls are great, I haven't laughed this hard in forever. Bon Soir!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. AAAWWWESOME!!! I love your outfit and your finds! Great vest!! Miss you too! xox

    ReplyDelete