Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful Weekend

It's Thanksgiving weekend and I figured I'd share exactly what it is I am oh-so grateful for this holiday. I love that Thanksgiving makes everyone a little more aware of everything they have to be grateful for- what a wonderful thing!

I am most thankful for the wonderful people I have surrounding me. The most loving family that has been supportive of every new venture I go after, my shoulder to cry on, and the people that make me laugh the hardest. I know I can be my complete and whole self and they'll still be there for me, even if they do heckle and poke fun at me... it's good to be humbled, right? I'm grateful for my handful of friends that have been there for me through so many ups and downs. It's been mostly ups and I'm thankful for that, but for the few low points and tearful conversations, my friends have been there. I'm thankful for jobs that enable me to live a great life, pay my rent, and have food at my disposal to cook and eat at all times - what a luxury so many of us don't think about! I love that my jobs have led me to amazing friendships, I seriously do not know what I would do without them. Some people call them coworkers, but I get to call them my best friends. I am so so so grateful for my education and experience that has  gotten me an opportunity to work for my dream company. And the universe for aligning and offering me a position I truly see myself being happy with in the long run. I am so privileged and live such an amazing life that I am thankful for not just this weekend, but every single day.

Thank you to the people who read this, the people who I call friends, and the lucky ones I get to call family. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a fabulous holiday weekend.
xo,
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Awww this was so heart-felt and genuinely written. I loved it!!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend:)

    xoxo,
    Alyssa

    sincerelytrulyscrumptious.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex!

    That's so cool that you're going to be moving to Seattle after graduation! I'd be more than happy to tell you more about it sometime! Just send over your questions in a comment or email (sweatshirtdressshirt@yahoo.com). :)

    I'm already thinking about a list of cool places you should check out!

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete