Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fresh Start & (Semi) New Beginnings

So here I am, sitting alone in my new apartment thinking about my new start. It is so weird to be so close to home now, taking the light rail to see my mom, staying the night at my grandma's. I can't believe I'm going to school within this close proximity to everyone I love, it's such a change, and something I'm definitely going to have to get used to. I'm so ready to get into the swing of things. I'm still getting used to sleeping in my new bed, walking to classes on a new campus, and not having the same college friends. This apartment still seems foreign to me, and I still feel homeless, not in the sense that I have no place to sleep, but in that I have no place to totally unwind drop all my bags and unwind. I'm still wondering if my roommate will come home tonight, or be gone again, what that noise is coming from the windows. I'm missing the comfort I felt from a solid place to call mine, from certainty. I still feel like I'm living out of a bag, but maybe another week or so I will finally settle in. Once I begin making new friends, getting my schedule down, get a TV in here! All I need is time, and right now it's ticking by slowly, minute by minute as I'm waiting for this new home to feel familiar.Missing my Penn State life, especially the great friends I made there, but that's what you deal with when transferring. I'm in Arizona now, the valley of the sun, with my best friends- my family. Once I get the hang of living here again and get situated, maybe then I can start the real purpose of this blog. Clothes, recipes, and more, yay! I'll try and start that soon!
Thanks for listening to my rambling,
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment