Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbyes

I feel like John Mayer, all I ever do is say goodbye. Another chapter of my life is closing as my time here at camp is ending. More than half way through with my last day here, it's so weird. I have been eating in the same dining hall, running the same road, wearing the same bag of clothes for almost 3 months- I can't believe it! How will I survive when I actually have a closet full of clothes to choose from, my own food to cook, and have cellphone service at all times? Oh man, this summer has been wonderful. Full of ups and downs for sure, but a month or so from now I'll look back and only remember the great times I had here. Nights off with my amazing friends, blobbing my campers into the lake, and the same 5 songs playing in the dining hall- Hey Soul Sister will never play again without me thinking of Lonehollow. I'm going to miss the great people I've met here, but I will most definitely keep in touch. Camp has taught me so much about myself, and this summer has been nothing less than an adventure. Whether or not I come back has yet to be decided, but I will be leaving Texas with a heart full of memories that I'll never forget.
xoxo
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment