Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy 100!

This is my 100th blog post! Hooray! It took me long enough, but hey, still pretty cool! Well today I have a pretty yummy something to share.


When I get bored, or overwhelmed, or a number of different things I find that cooking always makes me feel better. Probably because cooking involves eating, and who doesn't love that?! Anyways, my grandma and I got raspberries on sale so I decided to look up a recipe I could make with them.

I found this recipe on Pintrest, and felt like baking, so I made them!


Muffin Base:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup buttermilk (I used 1% milk!)
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tsp grated lemon peel
Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbs butter, softened
Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice




They turned out splendid! I would make more of the glaze to pour on top, because, well who doesn't want more icing-goodness?! I also added oats to the topping to add a little something-something and to make it a little more crunchy! These Lemon-Raspberry muffins are a perfect summer treat!

Let me know if you try them!
Have a great week everyone,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment