Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

So you think with all the free time I have,it being summer and all and only working a few days a week I'd be blogging all the time! But, unfortunately that's not the case. Sorry! Anyways, I've been keeping busy, sometimes I'm not really sure doing what, but I have been luck enough to go estate sale shopping the past couple weeks and I thought I'd share an outfit I put together from what I've found.
This is a cool pair of high-waisted vintage pants I cut into shorts!

How-to:
Get a measuring tape, scissors and a fabric marker or regular pencil works fine!


Try them on and mark what length you want them to be cut (I always give myself an extra inch in case I make a mistake or cut them uneven). Take them off then measure the inseams and make sure you marked them so they were both even and then cut the pant legs off.


There you go, a cool retro pair of pants, and the best thing is they were only $ .50, sweet! Don't mind the fact they look super uneven, it was just the way I was standing, or maybe my legs are uneven! ;]

The Elvis in concert tee is also from an estate sale, again for only $.50, yeeeahh!

I have found so many cute things for my apartment, hopefully I can get some pictures of them. If not you will probably see pictures of my apartment when it's all put together and it will mostly be decorated with thrifted things and stuff from estate sales.

Well I'm happy to be back working and enjoying the last week until my sister's home.. I can't wait! Have a happy week!
Alex

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I hope you are minoring in fashion merchandising or something. And I believe this should be your next project:
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6zax3o/www.academichic.com/2010/05/11/diy-tank-dress-with-pockets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Estate sales are the best! I love how much cool vintage-y stuff they always seem to have at those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COMMEEE ONNNN with the Elvis tee!! I would like an invite next time you go!!! shoo!!

    ReplyDelete