Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day of Love.


So it was Valentines Day. This fact usually makes people cringe or sing with happiness about the cute date plans they have with their significant other. I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle ground. 

I do appreciate today, as a holiday, though. Even though it's another reason to jack up the prices of candy and flowers and all things pink and red, hey- that's life! I think some people get too caught up in the fact they don't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or someone to take them out for a romantic dinner. Today is about love, and that can come from so many different places. I spent today working, going to class, and working again at my second job... and I'm happy as can be right now. Of course I'm not saying the box of chocolates and dinner plans wouldn't be appreciated, but I have so many other things to be happy about. 
Today I chose to be grateful for all of the love I receive from all over. The amazing family that showers me with love, friends, a roommate, and coworkers who make me smile every day, and a pretty fantastic life that I get to wake up to everyday. 
So celebrate Valentines Day, or Satisfied Being Single Day, or heck... just celebrate Arizona's Birthday! But remember, today's about feeling the love no matter where it comes from.
xo, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment