Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer Reflection.

I feel like every Summer that passes I grow and change as a person. I guess it happens every year, but I seem to realize it more when the Summer ends and I go back to school. It's like that saying "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." One of my favorites! But so true, the ways you have changed are so much more prevalent when returning to a place that has for the most part stayed the same. Anyways, I was getting reflective, partly due to my 'Finding Purpose' that has us meditate each class and write in a journal everyday (awesome, I know!), and partly due to the end of Summer.
Awesome picture on my road trip, thanks Instagram!


I was looking over my Summer checklist, and I actually accomplished nearly the whole thing! But even without measuring the checks off my list, I had such a great summer. I was so bummed out going into Summer, not having an internship set-up, or living in another state, I thought it was going to be terribly boring and unproductive and I'd just be a lazy bum the whole summer. Well, that is partly true, but not entirely. I didn't have an impressive internship, but I had a job, well two, where I got to work with some of my best friends. I didn't get to live out of state, but I got to travel to 12 states on a cross-country road trip. I didn't work out everyday, but I did work on an organic farm in Spain. I mean looking back, some of these things are more impressive than what I had pictured a successful Summer as.

Though a 9-5 internship with an impressive company would not have been a bad thing, having a relaxing Summer working outside with my best friends, going out and exploring new bars being 21, not getting enough sleep but getting entirely too much sun, and not only traveling across the US, but into Europe for the second Summer in a row made up for one of the best Summers ever. It may have not been resume-worthy, but it was definitely a memorable one as one of my last legitimate Summer vacations ever.

Here's to Summer 2012, not having anything to add to my resume but having way too much fun to mind to terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment